The formation of Pastors and other church workers is crucial to the vibrancy and dynamism of local churches. There are six (6) accredited seminaries located in various parts of the country.
• College of Theology, Northern Christian College, Laoag City
• College of Theology, Southern Christian College, Midsayap, Cotabato City
• Divinity School, Silliman University, Dumaguete City
• Ecumenical Theological Seminary, Baguio City
• Pag-asa School of Theology, Brokenshire College, Davao City
• Union Theological Seminary, Philippine Christian University, Dasmarinas
There is a Theological Education Board and the Association of Ministerial Formation Centers.The UCCP is moving towards a UCCP Seminary System.
The UCCP has twenty (20) recognized church educational institutions (CEIs) spread across the country. They serve mostly Catholic, Muslim and indigenous communities. Six (6) are in the Cordillera Region, one (1) in the Islamic City of Marawi.
• Abra Mountain Development Education Center (AMDEC), Abra
• Apayao Community Learning Center, Apayao
• Brokenshire College, Davao City
• The College of Maasin, Maasin City
• Dansalan College Foundation, Inc. Iligan City
• Farmers Institute, Misamis Occidental
• Gingoog Christian College, Gingoog City
• Ifugao Academy, Ifugao
• Jimenez Bethel Institute, Misamis Occidental
• Kalinga Academy, Kalinga
• Mindanao Institute, Agusan del Norte
• National Heroes Institute, Leyte
• Northern Christian College, Laoag City
• Pilgrim Christian College, Cagayan de Oro City
• Saint Tonis College, Kalinga
• Southern Christian College, Cotabato
• Tabuk Institute, Kalinga
• UCCP Tarlac Christian Academy, Tarlac City
• Union Christian College, La Union
• United Institute, Albay
There is a Formal Education Board. The schools have an association known as CREATE-UCCP. As with the seminaries, the UCCP is moving towards the establishment of a UCCP School System.
Several medical institutions located in strategic cities in the country give the church an opportunity to pursue its healing ministry. There are five (5) hospitals that provide health care as well as extension programs that serve communities that otherwise have no access to health services. Toward building a UCCP Integrated Health Ministry, these hospitals include:
• Bethany Hospital, San Fernando
• United Shalom Medical Center, Inc., Tacloban
• Brokenshire Integrated Health Ministry Inc., Davao City
• Silliman University Medical Center, Dumaguete
• Visayas Community Medical Center, Cebu
There are six (6) service centers in strategic areas in the country that serve as guest houses and venues for meetings and conferences and at the same time generate income for the church.
INSTITUTE FOR FAITH, LIFE AND WITNESS
This institute seeks to develop at the local level theologians that can help interpret scripture and articulate the theological affirmations of the church. It was initiated by the Faith and Order Commission and is administered in cooperation with the Commission on Church Unity and Union.
ECUMENICAL INSTITUTE FOR GENDER STUDIES
This institute serves as a learning community for both men and women to promote awareness and deepen their understanding of gender issues, drawing on positive images, beliefs, values and principles in Christianity and other living religions. This institute is a partnership of a UCCP and the United Evangelical Mission.
INTERNATIONAL CENTER FOR MISSION STUDIES
This center, which serves as an institution of learning for mission in Asia, is designed to respond to the need for creativity and innovation in the area of mission studies, and to create an Asian and Third World oriented curriculum and program based on theological principles. It is based in Silliman University and supported by the United Evangelical Mission.
INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR INTERFAITH STUDIES
This institute aims to serve UCCP organizations, the academe, civil society groups, and government agencies, both local and international, by training and developing peace leaders that promote cooperative and positive
interaction between and among peoples of different faiths. It is an initiative of the consortium of Mindanao Christian Services Foundation, Southern Christian College, Dansalan College Foundation Inc., and the Brokenshire College, with support from the United Evangelical Mission.
FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN SUPPORT US
As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another,
as good stewards of God’s varied grace.
1 PETER 4:10