The Local Church
It is the policy of the Church that all Local Churches shall provide financial support to Wider Church Mission.
1. The Local Church shall set aside 22% (some conference practice 25% or more) of its actual gross collections every month for Wider Church Mission support.
2. Sources: 22% actual gross collection shall mean collections from Tithes, Pledges, Loose Offering and Thanksgiving Offering received by the Local church every month. Some Conferences that practice more than the minimum of 22% Wider Mission Support.
3. Remittance: The 22% shall be remitted to the Conference immediately on the first week of the month.
4. Allocation: The 22% is allocated in the following manner:
3% or 13.7% of 22% goes to the National Office for General Assembly Operations 2% or 9.1% of 22% goes to the National Office for Church Workers’ Benefits 1% or 4.5% of 22% goes to the National Office for CRI/CRO 1% or 4.5% of 22% goes to the National Office for Building Fund 13% or 59.1% of 22% goes to the Conference for its operations.
For those who practice more than the minimum of 22%, say, 25%, the Conference share becomes 16% or 64% of the 25%.
1. At the end of each month, the Local Treasurer shall determine the amount to be allocated for Wider Mission Support by computing the equivalent 22%/25%/29% of the total actual collections from Pledges, Tithes, Loose Offering and Thanksgiving Offering that the Church received during the
2. The Treasurer arranges payment of Wider Mission Support (see Policy on Disbursements) and remits payment to the Conference within the first week of the month.
3. An Official Receipt is demanded from the Conference upon payment.